Duties and Taxes

What is the difference between a Single Entry Bond (SEB) and Continuous Bond (CB)?

A Single Entry Bond (SEB) can be used for a secure one time importation. The Continuous Bond (CB) covers multiple shipments for one year (usually 10% of duties paid for the last year). You can register for such...

Read Article

Can a non resident importer get quota for chicken products in order to import it under the reduced rate of duty?

In order to apply for quota you must be a Canadian company.

Read Article

I just received a NAFTA certificate for goods I paid duty on. How far back can we go to request a refund of duty?

We can go back 1 year to request a refund on duty paid shipments .

Read Article

What date is the exchange rate based on that is used to calculate my duty?

Exchanged rates are based on the shipped date on the shipment.

Read Article

What does DDP mean?

Duty Delivery Paid.

Read Article

Can I claim back the brokerage fees at the end of the year on my taxes?

No! If you are a GST registered company, you can claim back the 5% GST that your broker collects from you and claim it back on your taxes at the end of the year, but not the brokerage fees.

Read Article
Let’s get started contact us