What are the most common types of entries in the United States?

Formal Entry:
  • Non - U.S. goods valued over $2,500.00.
  • U.S. goods valued over $10,000.00
  • All articles regulated by the Food & Drug Administration
Information Entries:
  • Goods valued under $2,500.00 
  • Some commodities do not qualify for informal entry, such as furniture, plastics and textiles
Section 321:
  • Goods valued under $800.00 that would enter duty free and do not require any other Government Agency review
In-Transit Bond (IT):
  • Move items from one U.S. port to another without the goods entering the commerce of the U.S. (A bonded carrier must be used)
Transportation and Export Bond (T&E):
  • Move goods through the U.S. without entering the commerce of the U.S. to be exported to a foreign Country​​
Temporary Importation Bond (TIB):
  • This will allow for products that are dutiable to enter into the U.S. for one year without paying duties
  • There are many restrictions and liabilities for TIB's
  • Please contact our office for further consultation


Did you find this article helpful?

Let’s get started contact us